With a mission to promote the beauty and dignity of every human life by working to end abortion, the annual March for Life is an inspiring, peaceful, vibrant, and joy-filled rally of women, men, young people, and children from all across the country. Each year, tens of thousands of pro-lifers converge on the National Mall and march on Capitol Hill on the anniversary of the Supreme Court’s 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling which legalized abortion in all 50 states. It’s the largest annual human rights demonstration in the world.
The Seminarians from the Pontifical College Josephinum will be traveling Washington, DC, to participate in this year’s March for Life, joining in solidarity with all of those working to overturn the Roe v. Wade ruling. The theme for this year’s March for Life is “Life Empowers: Pro-Life is Pro-Woman”, and is a celebration of each and every life, from the moment of conception.
While the 47th Annual March for Life rally will take place on Friday, January 24, 20202, there is a full schedule of events throughout the week for those attending.
- Pre-rally Concert | January 24, 11:00am-12:00pm – We Are Messengers, who have played around the globe, been nominated for prestigious Christian music awards, and boasts numerous hit singles, will be headlining a pre-rally concert
- Rally and March | January 24, 12:00pm-4:00pm – The main event, the March for Life Rally kicks off at noon at 12th St. on the National Mall. Immediately following the Rally—usually around 1 p.m.—there is a peaceful march up Constitution Ave.
- Conference | January 23, 9:00am-12:00pm – The March for Life Conference helps marchers dive more deeply into the year’s theme, equipping them with the tools needed to return to their community and make a difference for life.
- Expo | January 22-24 – The March for Life Expo is a great opportunity for you to connect with a whole host of pro-life organizations and ministries.
- Youth Rally | January 23, 2:00pm-4:00pm – Provides an opportunity for students to hear from leaders in the pro-life movement, learn how to become advocates for life, and immerse themselves in the culture of life.
- Rose Dinner | January 24, 6:00pm-9:00pm – An evening of inspiration and fellowship, the Rose Dinner is the perfect way to conclude the March for Life experience.
The March for Life has several official state capital March for Life events in 2020, and there are dozens of local marches happening in January if you can’t make it to the nation’s capital. Local events are listed on the March for Life website, or those interested can text MARCH to 73-075 to receive updates on March for Life events that are planned in addition to the rally in Washington, DC.