Top Ten Moments from the #DiscipleshipWalk2k15
The second annual Face Forward Discipleship Walk took place on October 4th where members of the Columbus Diocese gathered for a 3-mile hike along the Darby Bend Lakes trails. The walk, hosted by Director of Vocations, Paul Noble, and members of Sts Simon and Jude Church, was held as a way to recognize how each one of us is called to be a disciple of Jesus. The casual gathering commenced with a brief welcome and blessing by Father Noble before the crowd hit the trails. Plans are already in motion for next year’s walk.
Here are our Top 10 moments from the Discipleship Walk.
1. Father Noble’s Speech
2. The kindness shown by all participants who brought canned food for the Holy Family Soup Kitchen.
3. The pups dressed for a purpose, coincidentally falling on the feast day of St. Francis, patron saint of animals.
4. Listening to the Seminarian’s stories
5. The beautiful weather and time spent in mother nature at the Darby Bend Lakes at Prairies Oaks Metro Park
6. #Selfies with Pope Francis
7. Time spent with other disciples
8. The Face Forward freebies!
9. Meeting new friends
10. The post-walk treats
Thank you to our co-sponsor, Saints Simon and Jude Catholic Church in West Jefferson, Ohio, and all of our volunteers. We hope to see all of you again for the Mud Bowl on October 24th, 2015! (More information to come.)